Please be advised that the NSURE program is specifically for PhD-intended students interested in non-clinical neuroscience research. If you are MD-intended and/or exclusively interested in clinical psychology, your application may not be considered. Thank you.
- All participants must:
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- have at least one (1) semester of study remaining after program completion (i.e., undergraduates who have been awarded a degree are ineligible)
- be at least 18 years of age
- NOT intend on pursuing medical school
By applying, you agree to the following responsibilities:
- Commit full-time to the NSURE Program. Outside employment or coursework is strictly prohibited. Participants spend 40 hours per week in a research lab for the duration of the program (05/30/23 – 07/28/23). Program dates have been updated as of 01/19/22 but are subject to change.
- Present a research poster at the end-of-program symposium.
- Be a responsible and conscientious visiting scholar. Conduct that infringes upon the rights of others or is discourteous to our research community is not permitted.
- Adhere to all UGA policies and Georgia state laws.
Violation of any of the above is grounds for dismissal.
- Complete our application form (link below).
- Write a short research statement: What are your reason(s) for pursuing this program? (300 words max).
- Compose a one-page CV.
- Submit (2) letters of recommendation by faculty or researchers that can speak to aptitude and suitability. Recommenders should submit their letters to email@example.com.
- All the above materials (including letters of recommendation) are due by the program deadline. Incomplete applications are not considered.
TIP: The statement, along with your letters of recommendation, are weighted the most heavily by the admissions committee. They are looking for candidates who clearly articulate their research interests, lab experience (if any), and how their previous experience may intersect with the NSURE program.
We strongly encourage applicants to review our Faculty Directory before composing their statements. Successful applicants are those who demonstrate a capacity to intersect their interests with the research conducted by their desired NSURE faculty mentor.
If you find yourself short on lab experience, don’t worry. Draw upon any relevant experience (personal/volunteer/professional/leadership commitments) that speaks to your passion for neuroscience.
Please do not forget! In addition to submitting an application, two (2) letters of recommendation must be sent to NSURE@uga.edu by March 03, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.